Your home is a reflection of you. Let us help you make it and keep it beautiful! A specially trained crew will be on site as per your request to perform the following services:
We Can Create Your Outdoor Sanctuary
US Lawn’s core values include being a “green” company long before “green” was a buzz word. Our lawn treatment applications for your residence are the safest, most environmentally friendly applications in the industry. Quality of life makes all our lives better. Call us today and we will be happy to schedule a convenient time to visit with you and provide a tender, loving, care annual treatment plan for your home’s outside space.
Sometimes your home’s outside space might seem like it’s just too much to handle. Maybe it needs a lot of work, and you don’t know where to start. We can help. Our lawn makeover specialists can get you headed in the right direction with a detailed plan and a schedule of how and when to implement that plan. Your lawn can go from, “What do I do now,” to, “the envy of the neighborhood.” Call us today, we can help.
Landscape plants, unlike lawns, mature slowly, often over the course of many years. Damage or malnutrition can sometimes take a growing season or more to correct. For this reason, it is best to treat landscape plants proactively to ensure they will grow to their full potential. US Lawns Huntsville/ Nashville provides an annual tree and shrub care plan to help your landscape plants thrive at your home.
Why does my lawn need core aeration?
- Compacted Alabama and Tennessee clay soils impede the movement of air, water and nutrients to the grass roots.
- Roots require oxygen to grow and to absorb nutrients and water.
- When compacted, soil contributes to the accumulation of thatch because restricted oxygen levels impair the activity of earthworms and other thatch-decomposing organisms.
- Thatch accumulates faster on compacted soils and heavy clay soils than on well aerified soils.
- When thatch depth exceeds 1/2” it becomes a problem, reducing water movement and encouraging shallow, weak root systems. Thick thatch also can become a home for insects and disease.
- Proper aeration will keep moss from growing in your lawn!
- How does core aeration work?
- Core aeration involves the removal of small soil plugs or cores out of the lawn.
- Core aeration is a recommended yearly to control thatch buildup, especially on compacted, heavily used turf.
- Compacted soil will be loosened, increasing the availability of water and nutrients.
- Oxygen levels in the soil will be enhanced, stimulating root growth and enhancing the activity of thatch-decomposing organisms.
- Your lawn’s drought tolerance and overall health will be improved.
- Your turf will produce new shoots and roots that fill up the holes from core aeration, increasing its density.
- The best time to aerate warm season lawns (Bermuda, Zoysia, Centipede, St. Augustine) is Spring to early Summer.
- Fescue lawns should be aerated in the fall, in conjunction with fall reseeding.
US Lawns Huntsville/ Nashville is proactive about the health of your landscape. As landscape experts, we can quickly determine when your landscape is under stress from plant-damaging insects and diseases. As opposed to the traditional calendar-based cover spray technique of the entire landscape, we employ a modified integrated pest management approach. Our certified pest control technician provides monthly inspections of your lawn and landscape to ensure that pests and disease are expeditiously handled in order to minimize damage to your valuable plant material. Our approach targets the affected area without an over-application of chemicals and pesticides
At times, your landscape will need more nutrients than mother nature can provide. When the need arises, we use fertilizer to add health-building nutrients to supplement your turf, plants and trees. We consistently evaluate our client’s sites to monitor the health and well-being of all plant material, and our full-service fertilization program provides for semi-annual applications to keep that material green and growing. And, of course, we use the most environmentally friendly fertilizers possible!
We Love Our Clients!
I manage a restaurant chain in North Alabama. Our former landscaping company bailed out on us with no notice. I had been talking to Jimmy at US Lawns about taking over our account, and when I called him and told him of our dilemma, he had his crew working on out properties THE NEXT DAY! These guys are good. They are locally owned which means everything. I highly recommend them for anyone needing medium to large landscaping maintenance done on a regular basis. Total professionalism.
I got the run around from 3 or 4 landscaping companies before I talked with US Lawns. US Lawns immediately returned my call, and Jimmy Schaffer came to my place of business that day. We signed a contract with them and the rest is, as they say, history. Great team, great work we ethic, super results.
Our business has 20 locations in the Tennessee Valley. You cannot imagine what a relief it is for me as a property manager not to have to worry about keeping the properties’ outside areas maintained. Jimmy Schaffer at US Lawns handles all of that for me. They perform like clockwork, and are as professional a team that I have ever worked with. I highly recommend them!
US Lawns did a complete landscaping makeover at our home in Madison. Jimmy Schaffer and his staff showed up when they said they would and over-delivered on what they said they would do. Absolutely thrilled with their service. I will call them again next time I need anything done.
Look no further. These guys are the best!
My family owns a franchise with 4 locations in the Huntsville area. I spoke with four different landscaping companies before I chose US Lawns. There was, and still is no doubt in my mind. This is the best landscaping company in this area.